(This
conversation/thought process came from various messages/comments on Facebook.
I'm too tired to give a full context. If you'd like one, feel free to ask some
other time. :-) )
Matt: loves
Firefly. "When you can't run you crawl. When you can't crawl, well, then
you find someone to carry you."
Kyle: I've been
watching firefly too! It's so good.
Matt: I've seen
Serenity twice so far this year and this is my third run through of the episodes
I think. They remind me of better times. Jake. Benjamin. Luke. Jared.
Jared: awwwwww....
Jared: your recent
comment:
"better"
times?
what are times like now?
how have you been lately?
what are times like now?
how have you been lately?
Matt: I can't
really complain about life at the moment. I switched jobs from Jimmy Johns to
AT&T: I work nearly half the hours at almost twice the pay and it's a much
better work/life environment. I finished paying off my school bill and all
other expenses except for a little money I owe my parents which feels pretty
good.
On the down side, I seem
to be terrible at keeping/forming relationships as an adult. The people I would
call my closest friends have all grown up, (most have) gotten married, and
moved away which makes it hard to stay in touch. Everyone at work is really
nice but they're all married and don't seem interested in spending time with
one another outside of work, Jonathan excluded. That being said, he and Shawna
have pretty busy schedules with work and the kids so we don't get to hang out that
often either.
The one close
relationship I did have ended about three months ago when she got a boyfriend
and didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable (which I understand) by hanging
out a lot. I was living with Aaron but he spent most of his time with
Becca so I was always the awkward third wheel. He moved out yesterday (to get
ready to get married or some such nonsense. . .) I had some residents from last
year who I could hang out with but they all had classes and other obligations
that restricted times we could hang out. Now they're all home or graduated so
the point is moot anyways.
When I was hanging out
with people, it was seldom meaningful. Usually it consisted of playing a
computer game or watching videos together while talking about events coming up
but avoiding any real conversation. I yearn for conversations that make me
think and reflect. Every once in a while I get to spend time with Anne and her
housemates and that is always meaningful and fun, but that house has so much
going on so those events are few and far between. At the same time, they're not
men so it still leaves some longing for male intimacy.
And I know some of it's
my fault. I can be reclusive at times and my weird sleep patterns could throw
off anyone. I also am still struggling with letting people in (which is strange
considering I have the desire to have real conversations with people).
Strangely enough, I also hate being alone in my apartment because it causes me
to think and reflect. I still don't know what I want to do with life and the
prospect of having to sit down and face my fears and apprehensions alone seems
daunting so I try and distract myself as best as I can with my computer or Netflix. This spirals into wasted time and continuing to feel bad for myself about
not being able to figure life out.
All in all, I am well,
just a little lonely and confused at times. I suppose by better times I meant
when things were simple: all I had to worry about was passing my classes and
sleeping (eventually). Better times were when my loved ones were close and
community was just a cramped and at times awkward hallway away.
Oh MattyMattMatt. I'm sorry things are still rough. I'm glad you like your job, though. I want to hear more about your life soon. and in person.
ReplyDeletemaybe over some cheesecake-makin? I promise I'll help this time.
ReplyDelete