Search This Blog

Monday, July 30, 2012

In order to not be a liar. . .

This post has to be about my semi-crazy evening. I have a lot of other stuff I want to post about but I can't until this is out of the way.

So, Aaron Morrison texted me to see if I wanted to go dumpster diving at Taylor. I had never been and I wanted to get out of the house so I agreed. When I got in the car, it was Aaron, Phil Cranmer, Bram Johnston, and David L. Herring. Much more than I anticipated. We got to Taylor and went in dumpsters. Found a lot of cool stuff. I found a bra in one dumpster and Aaron, being the sheltered child he is, freaked out about it and jumped out of the dumpster. I tried to find a way to sneak it back into his car, but no dice.

My favorite find was a bag of what appeared to be Easter candy. It was all still wrapped so I took it and ate it. I was judged by all, but I really didn't care because it was delicious. There was also a baggie inside containing $5.00 in quarters. Double win.

After that, we returned to Marion and a few of them wanted to get a drink so we went to Beatniks, a local bar/hangout place. It was my first time there. Didn't drink anything but went for the company. I ended up running into a co-worker there and he came by our table. Criz Vaun was already pretty intoxicated at this point, but he's a cheery enough fellow so it was okay. At some point in the conversation, he found out that I wrestled in high school. He challenged me to a match and that was that.

Being my first time in a bar, I didn't realize those sorts of things were frowned upon. We got up and began our match. It lasted about 5 seconds because I am both more skilled than he is and had no alcohol in my bloodstream. It's good it was over quickly though because the owner was getting ready to mace us for getting into a bar fight.

After that, some random couple made a Taco Bell run for everyone. It was very sketchy, but my Volcano Burrito was delicious.

And that's how I dug through dumpsters and got into a bar fight for the first time, all in the same night.

No comments:

Post a Comment