I've discovered I am really good at discovering problems in my life and saying I'll talk about them and then forgetting to. I really need to get better at that. There's a lot going on that I'd like to write about, that'll need to wait for tonight. I am currently undergoing a struggle that I want to talk about now though.
Most people have heard the saying, "Burning with anger/hatred." I understand how that's possible. I didn't know it was possible to burn with jealousy. I'm not really the jealous type. I'm generally too laid back to get jealous. Not to say there isn't healthy jealousy. If you're significant other is getting hit on by someone else, I think it's okay to show a little possessiveness; it shows you care. However, this is not that kind of jealousy.
There's a girl I like. We've been friends for a while, not friends for a while, but are currently friends again. It's been weird discovering I like her, but that's a story for another time. We met when we were both going through some relationship trouble. I had just been broken up with and she had just broken off an engagement. It was great having someone to talk to about the pain of that loss of relationship. Anyway, I was browsing some Facebook photos the other day and I saw one of her kissing her ex-fiance and I instantly felt my ears burning. I didn't understand why I would be jealous of something that happened so long ago, something I knew about too, it's not like it was shock.
Since then, it's happened a few other times, usually when she makes plans with other people, not me. I don't like being jealous. I don't like that it affects me this much. I would like to figure out how to stop it, but I'm not sure. Talking with her may be the best option, but that's pretty daunting. I hate not knowing what to do. :-(
Uh oh, Matt. We should talk sometime!
ReplyDelete