I don't have a significant other. In fact, I've only ever had one on a Valentines day. However, as I was driving to Ohio for training today, I took some time to think. A lot of things were swirling around and I'm gonna talk about them tomorrow. They're kind of a bummer and I wanted to stay happy today. So, I decided to think about all of the women I am thankful for, even if they frustrate and confuse me at times.
The Harmon 5 - Anne, Bethany, Kayla, Kyla, and Rachel
I don't often get to interact with them, but I always enjoy when I do. I feel like I'm truly valued when I'm around them, like my presence is appreciated and my opinions really matter.
Matty
We've had a lot of ups and downs, but I will be forever grateful for her friendship, mostly for her constant push when I need it.
Kate
Kate has helped me in more ways than I could have ever imagined. I am always humbled and challenged after talking with her. Even when she yells at me, I know it's out of love and her interest for my well-being. She is definitely a once in a lifetime friend.
Aunt Cindy
She is one of the most hospitable people I know. Even when I make it hard to communicate, she's always there and happy to assist me.
Shawna
I don't get to see her as much as I'd like, but Shawna is what I imagine a good big sister would be like. She's good at listening and discerning, goofy, fun to be around, and I love her kids. While we may not talk often, I know she cares about me and would help me at the drop of a hat.
Last but not least, Mom
She's been my biggest fan since day one. I may get annoyed by her constant need to be in contact, but I know it's just because she really loves me. I cannot begin to assign value to the talks we've had, especially once I became an adult. She was the first woman in my life, and I'll never forget that.
So, I may not have a significant other in my life right now, but I am fortunate to have several ladies who are important to me. If I could, I would buy them all nice gifts, but I don't think their spouses/fiances/boyfriends would appreciate that very much. While Valentines Day may not always have the best memories for me, I choose to be happy and celebrate what I have.
You ARE valued and your opinions truly matter!!!
ReplyDeleteI appreciate your appreciation for the women in your life, and I am honored to be on your list, Matt. I do value you! Thank you for your advice, your honesty, and your spirit. You are good. :)
ReplyDelete