Search This Blog

Monday, May 2, 2011

America the ?????

Sometimes I'm not sure how to react to our culture. Tonight it has been confirmed that Usama Bin Laden is dead. I think most will agree this is a great thing. He did (or orchestrated) many awful things over his lifetime. However, I think most people's reactions to this are ridiculous.

No matter how "evil", Bin Laden was a man just like I am. As such, he was a creation of God and deserved decency as much as I do. People cheering for his death makes me sad inside. A human (4 actually if you count his guards and possibly his son) is (are) dead. The world should be happy and we should move forward from here, but we shouldn't have to mock human life to do it.

1 comment:

  1. Relief looks different to a lot of people. You're just witnessing an initial emotional reaction. Don't worry about it.

    ReplyDelete