Some of my friends do and I think it would be a great idea. I just keep forgetting to actually do it. One of the quotes that's been repeated a lot recently has been in small group. The quote is this, "God meets us where we are." It's been a little strange to me, but I'm beginning to grasp the concept.
It first came up in someone's testimony. They talked about their life before Christ. All sorts of stuff, drugs, sex, alcohol, cheating. When he got saved, he felt really convicted about a lot of things. However, he wasn't convicted of them all. He still continued to smoke and chew. This seemed strange to me. How could he call himself a Christian and hold these views? (A little small-minded, I know).
And that's where the quote comes in. He has since felt convicted and kicked both bad habits. However, if, at the time of his conversion, God had called him to give it up, he may have turned back. God doesn't (normally) convict us of all of the sins in our lives at once. He works on us little by little over time.
As I began to grasp this concept, another facet of the phrase was revealed. God meets us where we are... in our circumstances. He uses the things and people around us to minister to us. I've said before that I don't believe in coincidences and this just further boosts my resolve. It actually happened to me just the other day. I was watching an anime (Japanese cartoon... Go ahead, judge if you want...) and the situation was eerily similar to mine at the moment. I won't go into the details right now, just because it would take me revealing my entire semester over the internet. It's not that I mind, I just don't want to type that much. If you'd like to hear about it, just ask me sometime. Anyway, the scene spoke into my life in a way I needed to hear. How big is our God that He can use a cartoon (in a different language) to minister to us?
No comments:
Post a Comment