Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Admiration

So, I really like C.S Lewis. I've been fortunate enough to have to read a lot of his works for the Honors College. The last work I read was "Four Loves." There's a great quote in it that I really enjoy.


"In a perfect Friendship this Appreciative love is, I think, often so great and so firmly based that each member of the circle feels, in his secret heart, humbled before all the rest. Sometimes he wonders what he is doing here among his betters."

I have a friend. She is great at lots of things. One of them is time management. Often in a conversation, she will voice her concerns that she won't have enough time or that she'll need some alone time to recharge. I admire her for that. When have I ever done that? When have I ever told someone I couldn't hang out because I had homework to do? When have I ever declined an invitation because I needed more time with God?

I have amazing friends. I look up to them for many reasons. I believe that's a lot of the reasons God gives us the friends He does. So, friends, thank you for who you are. You build me up and give me hope. I only wish I could be one tenth of the people you are.

1 comment: