Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Happiness

I think happiness can be caused by a lot of things. Lately, I've been very happy and because of lots of things. I haven't done homework since last Thursday. Normally, this would make me grumpy. Now? I feel great. I'm trying to make myself into a morning person. I've been getting tons of sleep and it's been wonderful. I'm a little behind, but I haven't felt this rested since high school, and that makes me happy. I know I'll be okay in my classes and that knowledge makes this feeling all the better.

We're starting a rugby club. We're legit. We have three games scheduled for sure and more coming. I love being physical, I think I was built for it. I haven't had an outlet like this since high school and I feel great. I get to hit people as hard as I can, help them up, share Jesus with them, and do it all over again. What more could I ask for?

I've been having great relationships this semester. There are a few I've been letting slip away, but I'm working on it. I had to place myself above others for a little bit. It was really weird, but it's been worth it. I can finally offer my full energies to my friends. That's a good feeling. Other relationships are deepening and developing; it's scary, but I'm excited and I can't stop smiling about it.

Last night was wonderful. I had a good talk with a great friend and our friendship has benefited already. As we were talking, we were driving around and I got pulled over. It was great. :-) Random memories like that are the best. (I just had a headlight out and all I got was a warning.)

However, I know all of these things are fleeting. Eventually homework will hit me. I could get injured or our games could be canceled. My friends could leave me or I could let them slip away. But above all, I have true happiness in God. I'm working on giving Him control of every part of my life. He's had me for a while, but not completely. I've been better with Him now than I've been in a long time. Do I still have progress to make? You betcha, lots and lots. But I'm trying and He's meeting me.

It's been a great week. :-D

Now, on to sleep so I can wake up and start on that homework I've been delaying.

And now, a message in C++

#include stdfx.h
#include iostream

main
{
     cout>>"Goodnight world.";

    end;
}

No comments:

Post a Comment