So, I really like Covenant time with my staff. It's probably my second favorite time(s) of the year (first would be the times when it's just the staff and all the residents are gone). Tonight people were talking about needing to de-stress from life. Gabe said he's started taking a Sabbath and it has rocked his world. This isn't the first time I've heard this from my friends. I'm a strong believer in God speaking through the repetition of different friends.
Here's my problem with a Sabbath though. The entire premise of a Sabbath is you rest, recharge, and de-stress. That I like, but that means you lose a day to do homework. That, in and of itself, is wonderful, but not if you can't plan. If I don't do my homework on the other days, I'm just an idiot. But that's something I already struggle with. If I can't make myself do work in seven days, how will I get it done in six? I really like what Andrew said though, "You just need to take the Sabbath and trust God will give you enough time to finish. It doesn't mean you stop working, but you trust He'll help you get it done."
So I guess this is me saying I"m going to start taking a Sabbath. I don't know how it's going to work, but I'm planning on doing my best. God is good and I know He'll get me through. Now, back to work before class in the morning: that book isn't going to write a report about itself.
Do it!!! It's such a good idea.
ReplyDelete