Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Girls are Terrifying

So, I have several friends who are girls and they all terrify me. It's not that they are physically intimidating, I'm pretty sure I'm bigger than all of them. Even if they are bigger, I have a high pain tolerance and they are all kind so I know they aren't going to hurt me. But I'm still scared of them.

I'd say that I'm pretty good at reading people. This has been really useful as an R.A and in tense situations. However, this doesn't help at all with girls. I can read that girls are (often) illogical and emotion driven. That's what scares me: I know what the "problem" is, but I can't address it. I like to figure things out logically and take my time for things, but, no matter how hard I try, this never works with girls. I take time and realize I'm no better off. I don't do emotions. I try, but I just don't get them.

I hate asking girls things such as, "Hey, would you like to go out?" or "Hey, would you like to go to a banquet?" or even "Hey, could we talk sometime?" I like to role play in my head to figure out what the other person is thinking and how they will react, but this is just a blank spot with girls and it's terrifying. Sometimes I wish I was a girl so I didn't have to worry about things like this. But only sometimes. (Just so we're clear, I'm very glad I'm a guy.) I think it would just be easier if they were just mammoths.

No comments:

Post a Comment