I generally always voice my thoughts, you just wouldn't know it. I love using sarcasm both because it adds humor and hides intentions. Whenever I want to say something without saying it, I use sarcasm. I guess you could say I lack tact. However, I seemed to have found some today.
I was talking with a girl today about something and she essentially yelled at me. (Don't you just love it when someone is talking to you quietly and calmly but you know they're furious and that's why they are treating you like a child?) The arguments she presented were illogical (I am a guy and I am a Math major; logic is kind of my thing.) Her accusations were false. She seemed to forgot details inherently important to the situation. She blew the problem out of proportion and made things worse even as she said she was trying her best to make things better. And what did I do? I just smiled and nodded.
I'm not good with girls, I'll be the first to tell you that, but I have picked up a thing or two in the past 22 years. When girls argue, smiling and nodding is always the best approach. Women are always right (regardless of whether or not they actually are). Arguing is normally useless unless you're just looking for a good time. This girl is not an arguer, there was no fun to be had by putting up a fight. She was also sick today and emotionally drained. I hate emotions and even more so, trying to deal with them (I know, I know, not healthy). The right thing for me to do was be passive, even when I had done nothing wrong (In this particular instance. That's generally a rarity though). I used tact and I feel better for it. I just wish I could have made her feel better somehow.
No comments:
Post a Comment