This weekend has been wonderful. Saturday I got to go down to Fishers and play rugby for the first time in my entire life. It wasn't a real game, just a scrimmage, but it was lots of fun. I got in some really good tackles and a few other good hits while carrying the ball. I got to be competitive and hit people, but still be a good guy at the same time. As I helped members of the other team up after knocking them over, they just stared at me with a strange expression. Apparently you're not supposed to be nice to people in rugby... Oh well. :-)
Saturday night I got to play games with friends for 4.5 hours. (And I was fairly successful I might add.) Afterwards, I got to talk with a dear friend for an hour or so longer.
Today I got to go to church and sing wonderful worship and hear a great sermon. Follow that up with a fun time at lunch and 2 wonderful hours of Frisbee. Probably the best part though, was going to my church's small group. I've wanted to go for awhile but tonight was the first time I had the opportunity. It was good meeting new people, getting off campus, and having homemade food. I think the best part though was getting to be around an infant.
I like kids but don't have much of a chance to interact with them. One of the couples in the small group have a small boy named Brody. Of course, all of the college girls hogged him throughout the entire meeting. However, he and I would sneak glances every once in a while. Once the girls started leaving, I got a chance to play with him. It was tons of fun. I got him to stop whining when his mother couldn't. ;-)
I'm glad for my new church and the involvement I've had so far. However, I'm more excited to continue to become more involved. I'm learning more names which will make it more comfortable. Now I don't have to follow my friends around like a little duckling anymore.
Alas, I am getting old and tired. My muscles hurt from Saturday. I'm not used to all this contact anymore. Unfortunately, no matter how good of a masseuse I am, it doesn't seem to work as well on myself. Oh well, I suppose I'll just let time "heal all wounds." And probably for the first time since high school, I'm off to bed at 10:00.
Mmmmmm sleep. :-)
Oh man, I can only imagine the fun you had with that little boy Matthew. Guessing his family just found a new babysitter :)
ReplyDelete