Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Small Group

A week or so ago I talked about friends and small group. I have been getting a lot more social time which is great, but I suppose it can still improve. I really really really like small group though. The guys are open and aren't afraid to ask really tough questions. Each week I'm amazed by the men around me. As part of the group, we are assigned an accountability partner that we "have" to meet with once a week. My partner is Wesley Stark, and he is a South Hall freshman.

When I got paired with Wes, I wasn't sure how I felt. I'm a fifth year senior. He's a freshman. What could he possibly share with me? Sure, he could check in to see if I were doing my devotions and tithing and abstain from all sexual immorality, but nearly anyone could do that. I felt like this was just going to be another mentoring relationship where I shared my five years of wisdom with him, helped answer his every problem, and shared my personal feelings when needed. He and I met for the first time today. He blew me away.

Wes is a terrific man of God. He's so on fire that it is astounding. I had to apologize for judging him based on his age. God kind of slapped me in the face with that one. As I was sharing how I was doing and what was going through my mind, he continually spoke truth into my life. Not just truth, but truth I really needed to hear in that moment. I'm super excited to keep meeting with him. I only hope I'm able to encourage and equip him as much as he's already done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment