Small group tonight was wonderful. It's wonderful every time I go. I'm not sure why I'm even surprised tonight. In the beginning, we go over the testimony of any new members. God really moves through those testimonies. Your story is powerful, even if you don't think it is.
After testimonies, we go through a book chapter of the Bible. This semester we decided to read Romans. It has been phenomenal. Tonight we were in chapter 6 where Paul talks about abandoning freedom and becoming slaves to obedience in Christ. It is such a weird concept to us. I think Andy summarized it nicely:
"When we're 'free', we tend to make choices that hurt us. When we submit ourselves to the slavery of obedience in Christ, we free ourselves from the pain caused by making bad decisions. Because the 'slavery' puts boundaries in place, we remove the chance for us to hurt ourselves." What a great perspective.
After that, we spend about an hour talking about prayer requests and praises and then lifting them to God. I always feel so much better when I leave our gathering. I am SOOOOOOOO thankful for this opportunity that my loving Father has given me.
No comments:
Post a Comment