For the past few years I've wanted to get a different bible translation. It's not that I don't like the NIV, I just wanted a different perspective. I ended up buying a version of The Message that was on sale because one of the corners was bent. I started reading it and didn't like it at all (I'm not sure where I opened to). I put it down and kind of forgot about it.
Last week, I picked it up again and opened to Psalms and Proverbs. I LOVE Psalms and Proverbs in The Message. I've begun to appreciate the entire translation more, but those two books are definitely my favorite. I didn't have a lot to write about, I just felt like sharing some of my new-found favorite Proverbs with you. I hope you enjoy them:
15:15 "A miserable heart means a miserable life; a cheerful heart fills the day with song." (Perspective)
15:20 "Intelligent children make their parents proud; lazy students embarrass their parents." (Oopsies...)
15:32 "An undisciplined, self-willed life is puny; an obedient, God-willed life is spacious." (Stop calling me out Solomon, I'm really not appreciating it right now.)
16: 1-3 "Mortals make elaborate plans, but God has the last word. Humans are satisfied with whatever looks good; God probes for what is good. Put God in charge of your work, then what you've planned will take place." (Grrrr....)
16:9 "We plan the way we want to live, but only God makes us able to live it." (Dependence huh?)
16:20 "It pays to take life seriously; things work out when you trust in God." (Sensing a theme yet?)
There's so many more I could share, but I don't want to take up your whole day. In essence, God has been speaking to me in a variety of different ways. I'm glad I'm looking, I just need to start listening. I'm thankful that He cares about me enough to keep talking.
Matt, you blog A LOT. It's good though! I just can't keep up!
ReplyDeleteAm I the only one that ever leaves comments?
I really want to get the Message translation! Isn't it great?!
Yeah, I had a long stretch I needed to catch up on so I have a lot in a row. I'm getting back to one a day though hopefully.
ReplyDeleteBethany will comment occasionally. You're definitely my top two followers though. It's appreciated. :-)